We are closely following the LTA’s guidelines, so ask all members to follow these rules:
- Please conduct a pre-attendance COVID-19 symptom check, using the information on the NHS website before leaving home;
- Do not just turn up at the court: you MUST book online via the website (see the note below on how to do this), specifying the names of all players in attendance (for Track & Trace purposes);
- Please also scan the QR Code, displayed on the Clubhouse, if you use the NHS Track & Trace app;
- Singles and doubles play is now allowed, but please remain 2m apart as far as possible;
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it;
- Please wash your hands with hand sanitiser before and after touching the gate or padlock, using the dispensers located outside the court gates;
- The car park is open during gym opening hours (please note these are reduced hours at present – see here for details) and for Janko’s drills and junior camps. When the car park is closed, you must walk or cycle to the court. If you need to drive, please park in Greenlands Lane or Kiln Road and walk the final distance. The gates are in constant use so please do not park in front of them at any time;
- Maintain social distancing (2m rule) at all times;
- Do not play if you are self-isolating.
In addition, please note that members are only able to book courts for one 90-minute session per day and up to 7 days in advance. Please only play if you are comfortable with the guidelines.
- Click here to read the Lawn Tennis Association Guidelines for Tennis Players
- Click here to read the Lawn Tennis Association Guidelines for Tennis Venues
Finally, some handy answers to questions people might have.
How do I book courts?
Head to the Prestwood Tennis Club website and then click on the Court Booking icon at the top of the page. This will open a new window on the LTA’s ClubSpark service. You will need to authenticate using the LTA login, using whatever credentials you registered on their site.
I can’t log in! What should I do?
Contact Heather Lay (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make sure that we have your correct details on the system.
Are there restrictions to court booking?
Each member can only book one session per day up to 90 minutes in length per day. You can also only book up to 7 days in advance. There is no limit to the number of sessions you can book per week.
Are all three courts open?
Yes, but note that you should still avoid picking up tennis balls from neighbouring courts.
Is there a maximum number of players per court?
During coaching, up to eight adult players or 15 children are allowed. Otherwise, the maximum number should be four.
Where can I wash my hands?
Hand sanitiser dispensers have been fitted outside the court gates.
Is the clubhouse open?
No. Only the courts are open at this point.
What if I need First Aid?
The First Aid bag is stored in one of the boxes next to Court 2.
Can I use the ball machine?
No, not while the clubhouse is closed.
What about water?
We ask all members to bring their own bottles of water for the foreseeable future.