Tennis is back!
The headline news is that we are reopening the courts from 3pm on Wednesday 13 May 2020.
However, before we all rush out, there are strict guidelines that we need to adhere to, so I ask all members to read this email carefully.
We are closely following the LTA’s guidelines, so ask all members to follow these rules:
- Do not just turn up at the court: you MUST book online via the website (see the note below on how to do this)
- Singles and doubles play is now allowed, but please remain 2m apart as far as possible
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
- Before touching the gate or padlock, please use hand sanitiser (for now, we ask all members to bring this with them)
- Please leave the court ten minutes before the official end of your session to avoid contact with the next person who is playing
- You must walk or cycle to the court. If you need to drive, park in Greenlands Lane or Kiln Road and walk the final distance. We do not want to upset the neighbours!
- The LTA guidance is that people may now handle other people’s tennis balls, but we completely understand if people would prefer to handle their own tennis balls only – please mark them clearly with your initials if this applies to you
- Maintain social distancing (2m rule) at all times
- Do not play if you are self-isolating
In addition, please note that members will only be able to book courts in 90-minute sessions and up to 48 hours in advance.
- Click here to read the Lawn Tennis Association Guidelines for Tennis Players
- Click here to read the Lawn Tennis Association Guidelines for Tennis Venues
Finally, some handy answers to questions people might have.
How do I book courts?
Head to the Prestwood Tennis Club website and then click on the Court Booking icon at the top of the page. This will open a new window on the LTA’s ClubSpark service. You will need to log in using your LTA username and password.
I can’t log in! What should I do?
Contact Heather Lay (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make sure that we have your correct details on the system.
Are there restrictions to court booking?
Each member can only book one session per day up to 90 minutes in length. You can also only book up to 48 hours in advance. There is no limit to the number of sessions you can book per week.
Are all three courts open?
Yes, but note that you should still avoid picking up tennis balls from neighbouring courts.
Is there a maximum number of players per court?
During coaching, up to six players are allowed. In general, the maximum number should be four.
Is the clubhouse open?
No. Only the courts are open at this point. This also means no toilet facilities!
What if I need First Aid?
For now, we will be placing the First Aid bag in one of the boxes near to court two.
Can I use the ball machine?
No, not while the clubhouse is closed.
What about water?
We ask all members to bring their own bottles of water for the foreseeable future.